PUT IT ON LAY-BUY powered by PayPal
The affordable payment option for customers buying products for future dated events. PUT IT ON LAY-BUY offers a simple interest free payment plan that lets you secure your purchase today and pay for it in 3 to 4 monthly instalments.
PUT IT ON LAY-BUY
- Always interest-free
- PUT IT ON LAY-BUY powered by PayPal
- Buy with a click
- NO late fees ever
- Spread the cost over 3–4 monthly instalments. No interest. Ever.
- Paypal will notify you when payment is due
How LAY-BUY payment option works
1) Consumer is presented PUT IT ON LAY-BUY powered by PayPal in merchant’s checkout, and selects method.
2) Consumer selects down-payment % to pay today, and how many months they want to pay-off the balance.
3) Consumer is taken to PayPal’s landing page Consumer pays the down-payment today with their PayPal a/c or their credit card. PayPal then sets up the LAY-BUY payment plan between consumer and merchant. PayPal then sends two email notifications to merchant and consumer. (One for the down-payment and another that a payment plan has been setup) Note: if buyer does not have a PayPal a/c, they will pay with their credit card today and a PayPal a/c is setup for the LAY-BUY payment plan payments.
4) All the instalment payments are fetched on their due date from PayPal / Lay-Buys server and updates the payment plan in LAY-BUY App from status ‘pending’ to ‘complete’. PayPal then sends an email notification to merchant and consumer for the payment.
5) Final instalment payment is paid in PayPal, fetched on due date from PayPal / Lay-Buys server. Payment Plan profile is cancelled in PayPal so no more monies are auto paid from consumer’s PayPal account. Payment Plan in LAY-BUY App is updated from status ‘pending’ to ‘complete’.
6) A consumer can revise a LAY-BUY order at any time while the LAY-BUY is in ‘pending’ status. The process involves the merchant revising the payment plan from the LAY-BUY App. The revise feature enables consumer to settle outstanding balance today via a ‘buy-now’ option or extend the term of the LAY-BUY via a ‘lay-buy’ option. When payment plan is revised by merchant in LAY-BUY App, the consumer is sent an email with the payment link embedded in email. At this time the payment plan status is changed to ‘revise requested’ until payment is made by consumer. The consumer then clicks on payment link, is taken to PayPal and then makes payment.
7) A consumer can cancel a LAY-BUY order at any time while the LAY-BUY is in ‘pending’ status. As stated above all refunds are done from within PayPal.
CUSTOMER QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
What you need to get started?
- Be aged 18 years+
- UK mobile number
- Your first instalment
- Valid email address
- PayPal account
- Debit or credit card in your name
Is it safe & secure - All LAY-BUY payments are automatically setup in PayPal.
Can customer select the down-payment % they want to pay - Customer is presented with a dropdown to select the down-payment they want to pay.
Can customer select how many months they need to pay-off the balance Customer is presented with a dropdown to select how many monthly instalments.
Are there any ongoing costs No ongoing costs - Only a once-off admin fee. Admin fee amount depends on order value.
Are there any interest charges - No interest charges ever.
Are there any late fees - No late fees ever.
When do I receive the goods - Customer receives their goods after their final payment.
How are Lay-Buy instalment payments paid - Lay-buy instalment payments are auto-paid from your linked card in your PayPal setup.
How do I ensure all Lay-Buy instalment payments are paid - Customer to ensure there is always funds available.
Can a customer manually make payments towards their Lay-Buy order - No, all Lay-buy payments are automated via a recurring profile in your PayPal setup.
Can a customer settle a LAY-BUY earlier - Yes, please contact store to revise payment plan.
What happens if a payment is missed - PayPal will then auto attempt again in 5 days, two more times.
Is the customer and merchant informed about a missed Payment - Yes, PayPal send an email notification to both parties.
Can a customer see their payment plan - Yes, you can login to your PayPal account – go to settings >> payments.